Thursday 8 February 2007

My Portfolio: 3 month return


Above is the performance of My Portfolio over the past 3 months. The portfolio has increased 11.3% in value since inception and represents a 10.5% total return after transaction costs. PWK has continued to perform well, the company's 1H07 result was well received by the market tacking on $0.25c or 8% since reporting. PBP hasn't moved much it's 1H07 result expected sometime in the next 2-3 weeks (I asked the company for a date but they couldn't give me one) to provide some type of catalyst for the share price.


Above is the relative performance of My Portfolio against the XAO over the past 3 months. This graph is useful for reminding myself that I am not doing anything particulary brilliant as the broader market has risen 8.3% over the same period. As you would expect my Portfolio of only 2 stocks is much more volatile. You might even say that with such a concentrated portfolio I should be significantly outperforming the benchmark in a rising market. I would say myself that price performance over a 3 month period means very little from an investment point of view.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Investment results and trading results......different as night & day

jog on
grant

Anonymous said...

Good to see you could leave a comment. Interesting developments at HSBC. Could be the start of something bigger.