Thursday 7 December 2006

From out of the wilderness

It's been more than 5 years since I bought a stock on the ASX and a little over 4 years since I've owned one. A lot has happened since then, the All Ords has nearly doubled and resource stocks that noone would touch with a barge poll are now flavour of the month, needless to say I'm still playing catch up. Unlike the tech boom commodity price fundamentals are well supported... or are they? Is the strong demand for commodities from China enough to offset a downturn in the US economy? Is the housing market falling off a cliff? Will the RBA raise interest rates again in 2007? Who knows? I certainly don't but it won't stop me from adding my two cents. I'll also pit my talents against the market and put on public display my own share portfolio so you can track my success or lack of it. Could be interesting...then again it could be really dull, drop in from time to time if you get bored and feel free to contribute.

0 Comments: